Protected Industrial Action by Immigration and Border Protection Staff
Written By Madalina Philips
Fri, Jun 19, 2015
A union covering employees of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and Customs and Border Protection is planning intermittent work stoppages from 15 to 26 June.
Protected industrial action has commenced on 16 June and will continue intermittently until Friday, 26 June 2015.
Affected services may include airports, client service centres, ports, container examination facilities and visa processes. Passengers may be impacted at International Airports from Tuesday 16 June 2015 onwards.
The Community and Public Sector Union is taking protected industrial action to protect members’ pay and benefits after the federal budget called for further cuts in public sector jobs.
Travellers should expect delays at International Airports on the following days:
• Sydney International Airport from 6.00am – 10.00am
• Sydney International Airport from 1.00pm – 5.00pm
• Perth and Darwin International Airports from 12.30pm – 4.30pm
• Brisbane International Airport from 12.30pm – 4.30pm
• Gold Coast Airport from 12.30pm – 4.30pm
• Melbourne International Airport from 8.30am – 12.30pm
• Adelaide International Airport from 1.00pm – 5.00pm
• Cairns International Airport from 1.00pm – 5.00pm
DIBP is taking contingency measures to minimise the impact on services; nevertheless, business, travellers and visa applicants should plan for delays in the coming weeks.
Discuss the specifics of your migration situation and receive professional advice from one of our Registered Migration AgentsBook a Consultation
One of our migration agents will be in contact as soon as possible.