How to apply for an Entrepreneur visa
Written By Lauren Slack
Mon, Jan 23, 2017
A new stream of the Business Innovation and Investment visa was launched in September 2016 – the Entrepreneur visa.
In order to apply you must follow these steps:
1. Submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) in SkillSelect (SkillSelect is an online service that helps Australia manage its skilled migration programme. It helps to ensure that the skilled migration programme is based on Australia’s economic needs. It supports the government in managing who can apply for skilled migration, when they can apply and in what numbers. As a result, the time taken to process a visa application is significantly reduced. It also helps address regional skill shortages. SkillSelect allows intending migrants to indicate if they are willing to live and work in regional Australia. This is of particular benefit to employers experiencing regional skill shortages and State and Territory governments attempting to settle migrants in regional Australia).
2. To lodge an EOI you must have a funding agreement in place or in negotiations with an approved funding body to develop an innovative venture in Australia. The agreement must be for a minimum of $200,000. You will also need to have a business plan that explains how you will develop your innovative venture in Australia.
3. Once you submit an EOI, you can be nominated by a State or Territory Government to be invited to apply for an Entrepreneur visa. (Each State and Territory has different nomination criteria).
4. If you are nominated by a State or Territory Government, you will receive an invitation to apply for a Business Innovation Investment (provisional) visa (Subclass 188).
5. You have 60 days to lodge your application after receiving an invitation so have your documents prepared (identity, relationships, children, health, character, English language, funding agreements, business plan etc)
Discuss the specifics of your migration situation and receive professional advice from one of our Registered Migration AgentsBook a Consultation
One of our migration agents will be in contact as soon as possible.